Friday, March 18, 2011

Home sweet home!

I just got back from a 5 day business trip to NY.  I usually look forward to my quarterly visits to the mothership (I currently work in the satellite office in SF) but this time around I was dreading the long flight, 3 hour time difference, and the fact that I could no longer partake in happy hours and late night bar hops.

Nonetheless I tried to make the most of my time out of work by indulging in filling breakfasts and huge dinners followed by decadent desserts.  I'm pretty sure I gained a solid 3 pounds but it's due to the fact that the food in NY is simply better than it is in SF.

My hotel was right next to a Dean & Deluca so this was my daily breakfast stop!
Conveniently, the MTV office is located right in front of a Shakeshack (the east coast version of in-n-out)




The 1.5 hour wait @ Ippudo ramen is always worth it. The chicken wings, pork buns, and ramen hit the spot!

When bed time rolled around I couldn't fall asleep and ended up watching the news for over an hour.  They say pregnant woman should only focus on happy thoughts and aesthetically pleasing images but this was hard to do when almost every news channel had live footage of the utter damage caused by the tsunami.  It was incredible and horrific watching the Japanese locals fleeing for their lives from the spreading tide and screaming 'kowai' which means 'scary'.  Though it sounds trite, I realized how precious life is.  I thought about the little one in my tummy and already felt so protective over her/him.
 
I got in late last night just in time to attend my 2nd ultrasound today morning.  Arnold was giddy as a school girl to learn that we are having a boy!
Home is definitely where the heart is.  I never missed my husband so much and I was so thankful to hear that our baby boy is alive and well and kicking up a storm!









2 comments:

  1. Yummers! Everything looks sooooo good. But despite NY's good eats, Im sure it's sooooo much better to be back home... to Arnie's homemade spaghetti! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. u went to ippudo without me this time!!!!!
    omggg i still can't believe there is a mini man in your tummy! i hope he enjoyed the ramen too :)

    ReplyDelete