Monday, March 7, 2011

Weekend Get away!

My parents drove up from LA this past weekend to visit us.  My mom tends to worry that I'm not eating enough well balanced meals and therefore malnourishing the bun in my oven.  So, they loaded up their car with several bags of Korean groceries including multiple packs of galbi, shabu shabu meat, and enough rice to feed a small village.

During dinner we surprised them with a last minute trip to Carmel-By-Sea. This little town is about 2 hours from San Francisco and boasts the most breathtaking views of the Pacific Coast.  We woke up early the next morning and prepped a thermos full of Korean instant coffee and home made kimbaps and were on our way!

The Lonely Cypress - one of the most popular stops on the 17-mile-drive
Having a picnic @ a private beach in Carmel-by-the-sea
@ The Famous Pebble Beach golf course
We had such a good time relaxing and catching up.  During dinner, my parents told me the last time they were in Carmel was when my dad was 32 yrs old (almost 30 yrs ago) and I was 5 months old! Maybe it's the pregnant emotions on overdrive, but it really hit home for me since Arnold is 32 yrs old and we are just starting out our family as well. 

My parents and sister-who's also pregnant (7 weeks ahead of me!) all reside in LA and lately I find myself missing them more than usual.  Though we chat on bbm or gchat at least once a day, it's definitely not the same as hanging out face to face.
older sis and me
my closest friends are both in LA as well!
XOXO
Thinking of you guys!

5 comments:

  1. This post totally made me miss my parents and sister sooo much. It's really really hard being halfway across the world from them and the saddest part is that nothing will ever change that. My parents and my sister both want to live in Asia forever and soon, my brother will join them there as well. :(

    Anyway, so good to see you blogging more! I've been slacking like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine how hard it is for you if I feel like LA is far from me! Asia is so far..

    So, I really enjoy your blog. I passed it along to my sis too and she loves it! I was hoping Audrey would come to SF next month but hopefully I'll get to meet her one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still think ur blog title is hilarious hahaha eatshoploveandplay. so original and so tina unni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina: Aw thanks! Thanks for reading!! but I've totally been slacking on the blog. You guys should visit chicago w chris and bob sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love you! miss you! be safe.
    and BEAUTIFUL pictures. =)

    ReplyDelete