Thursday, July 7, 2011

Home stretch...

long time no blog.. I know. I'm at the home stretch of my pregnancy and into my 35th week.  The 1st trimester inched by so slowly but the 2nd and 3rd is just flying by.  While I'm counting down my last weeks of freedom, I'm overwhelmed with excitement. I can't wait to meet the little guy!

For the past 1.5 months I've actually been living a pregnant woman's dreaded nightmare: life w/o carbs and sugar!  I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and have been pricking my finger 4x a day to monitor my blood levels. It's not fun..to say the least but if it's for the health of my little one, I can make the sacrifice.  To combat my low insulin levels I've been forced to be more active and have been going on hikes with the hubby.

Enjoying the beautiful views of Lands End


Enjoying a night out on the town. Sporting my fav Vince leather jacket that is getting a bit tight on me!


4 comments:

  1. You still look great!! How is the no carb and sugar thing going? I agree...sounds like torture! Are you able to stick to it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks ladies!

    The diet's going ok. It's still really hard but I do it for the baby. I thought I loved meat..but I realize I love noodles and bbangg just as much. I'm starting to really crave the taste of wine and beer though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you honestly don't even look prego in the last pic!!

    ReplyDelete