Sunday, March 27, 2011

Baby-shopping Bonanza

Today was one of the rare days I literally shopped 'til I dropped..and for once it wasn't for me, but for our baby boy. I recently started my research on all the baby necessities and though people find the book 'Baby Bargains' to be extremely helpful I found it be overwhelming and a bit daunting. I realized when it comes to certain things in life I find myself going back to the basics and keeping things simple.  Now a days it seems like women are being overloaded with baby info whether they like it or not and personally its difficult not to succumb to the pressure of adhering to all the latest medical/safety recommendations.

With that said my baby's health is of course my top priority, but if I'm craving a piece of salmon sushi once in awhile or don't feel like picking off every piece of sausage on my pizza I just SUCCUMB to it. (I had my first serving of salmon sushi in 5 months a few days ago and it was heavenly!)

Anyways I digress.. Back to my adventures in baby shopping.  Today, we started off by picking up a brand new bugaboo bee stroller we had bought off of Craigslist.  Since we bought our BOB Revolution stroller slightly used I wanted to get our 2nd stroller brand new.
Can't wait to test out this bad boy!
Next we went to Bloomingdales to check out their Friends and Family sale. I urged myself to skip the Y.E.S section and go straight to the baby section and we ending up finding some incredible deals!
Ralph Lauren PJ's, 5 piece set of Little Me onesies, and a swaddle set for $32!
On my way out I passed thru the shoe dept and quickly perused the clearance section. I'm so glad I did because the rain boots I had been eyeing for the past year finally went on sale. Although they didn't have the color I wanted (Olive) I was happy enough with the Taupe. I got them for $39.99..down from $195!
Loeffler Randall Matilde Rain Boot-  Love them :)
 We stopped by Pottery Barn Kids and found the cutest bedding set ever:
http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/baby-elephant-crib-sheeting/?pkey=e|elephant|12|best|0|1|24||1&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules-_-
Organic Baby Elephant Nursery Set

Arnold couldn't get over the steep price tags so we opted out of the matching bed skirt (he insisted that the bedskirt would never touch the baby's skin and therefore we should go with the one at Target for $19.99)

We made a final stop at Stanford's student store to check out some baby gear.  I urged Arnold to pick only 2 items and this is what he ended up with:
Hopefully our baby boy will aim high and follow after his dad's footsteps!



Sigh..it's been a long day but I was excited to come back to my temporary baby substitute!
my new ipad2!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Tina! We just bought a brand new bugaboo bee off craigslist yesterday too! I've wanted it since my sister got it last year and I sold our stroller (quinny buzz) which i hated. We got the new 2011 bugaboo bee plus black on black for 480! I wanted the khaki color but this seller only had black. what are the odds?? Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait.. That's such a coincidence! Chris and a few friends highly recommended it. You can always buy the khaki and swap out. You got an amazing deal though. We paid 520 for ours. The seller said it was the BEE plus. Do u know how we can tell if its a 2011 or 2010?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh the bedding is adorable! Look out for some Bloomie deals for me, since I cant leave the house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! 520's a really good deal too! Im not 100% sure but I think the 2010 and 2011 are one and the same. I think the plus came out late last year and it's their latest model. Some websites are calling it 2010 and some are calling it 2011. I think it was produced and released late 2010 to be sold in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found u! How did u keep this from me?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. C! Haha I kept it a secret and slowly telling people. Glad u found me :)

    Jiye, thanks for clarifying. I was trying to figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i LOVE the loeffler boots. love!
    have you finalized a name yet?
    everytime i go to the mall and see cute boys clothing i think of cedric/collin. =)

    ReplyDelete